Advance Professional Careers with Immediate Skills in Management and Communication this November
Local employees and job-seekers at all career stages can take charge of their futures with Career Skills Institute courses through the SBCC School of Extended Learning. During November, several of these tuition-free short courses are geared toward improving management and workplace communication skills. The Career Skills Institute is endorsed by LinkedIn and focuses on providing training for the workforce in a unique, flipped-classroom setting, powered by Lynda.com.
“Even if you consider yourself a ‘people person’, understanding how to build teams and how to communicate in the most challenging situations is a huge advantage for professionals and job-seekers alike,” said Jeanette Chian, Associate Director, School of Extended Learning. “Our programs are based on the real-world feedback from employers throughout our region, so we are providing the skills most valuable and most critical for career advancement, job security and job acquisition.”
All courses are offered tuition-free to job seekers or employees seeking to increase their job security and advancement. The convenient short courses are intended to be integrated into employers’ existing training programs at no cost and maximum return on investment.
Register for classes and workshops online at www.sbcc.edu/ExtendedLearning or in person at the SBCC Wake Campus at 300 N. Turnpike Road, Santa Barbara, CA 93111. For more information or help registering, please call (805) 683-8282. Classes start throughout the term, which runs from August 21 through December 9, 2017.
Examples of the variety of classes coming up soon include:
- Best Practices in Customer Service: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Tuesday, November 7. Course number: PRO NC050 (CRN 39738).
- Workplace Politics: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Wednesday, November 8. Course number: PRO NC035 (CRN 39866)
- Building High Performance Teams: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, Thursday, November 9. Course number: PRO NC015 (CRN 39541).
- Mobile Marketing: 6 p.m. – 8 p.m., Mondays & Wednesdays, November 13 – November 27. Course number: MKT NC004 (CRN 39745)
- Resolving Differences in the Workplace: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Thursday, November 16. Course number: PRO NC025 (CRN 39864)
- Assertive Communication: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Thursday, December 7. Course number: PRO NC044 (CRN 39735)
Career Skills Institute at Santa Barbara City College
The SBCC Career Skills Institute is part of the programs offered through the SBCC School of Extended Learning. It launched in 2015 to address the growing gap between the skills employers need and the current lack of workforce skills. The innovative program serves job seekers, employers and employees with a tuition–free, noncredit certificate program to provide career training for employees and job seekers. Participants can earn certificates and digital badges demonstrating knowledge and skills in over 25 areas of business, design and technology. For more information, visitwww.sbcc.edu/csi or call (805) 683-8282. To learn more about the SBCC School for Extended Learning, visit www.sbcc.edu/ExtendedLearning.